Areas of Interest : Corrosion, thermal spray coatings, welding
Mobile No :
Date Of joining :
Ph.D : Manufacturing - VIT University Vellore
M. Tech : Integrated Design and Manufacturing - Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Coimbatore
AMIE : Mechanical Engineering - The Institution of Engineers (India) - Visveswaraya Institute of Engg. & Tech Kottayam
Feb 2022- Till date : Associate Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady, Ernakulam.
June 2011- Jan 2022 : Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Thejus Engineering College, Vellarakkad, Thrissur.
Aug 2010 – May 2011 : Guest Lecturer, Govt. Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad
• Jithesh, K. and Arivarasu, M., (2019), ‘An investigation on hot corrosion and oxidation behavior of cobalt-based superalloy L605 in the simulated aero-engine environment at various temperatures’, Materials Research Express 6(12), 126530.
• Jithesh, K., Ram Prabhu, T., Anant, R.V., Arivarasu, M., Srinivasan, A., Mishra, R.K. and Arivazhagan, N., (2019), ‘An Overview of Quasicrystal Reinforced Magnesium Metal Matrix Composites’, Materials Science Forum Trans Tech Publications Ltd. (Vol. 969, pp. 218-224).
• Jithesh, K. and Arivarasu, M., (2020), ‘Comparative studies on the hot corrosion behavior of air plasma spray and high velocity oxygen fuel coated Co-based L605 superalloys in a gas turbine environment’, International Journal of Minerals Metallurgy and Materials 27(5), 649.
• Jithesh, K, Arivarasu M, Nageswara Rao M, (2020), ‘Studies on Oxidation Behaviour of Cobalt Based Superalloy 605’ International Conference on Advances in Materials Processing & Manufacturing Applications (pp. 155-163). Springer, Singapore.
• Jithesh, K., et al. (2021), ‘Hot corrosion performance of bare and pulsed current welded Fe-based A-286 alloy in chlorine and sulphur environment’, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering: 09544089211043414.
Short Term Courses Attended
29 Nov-10 Dec, 2011: Participated 2-week ISTE Workshop on “Heat Transfer” at Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore.
14-15 Feb, 2014: Attended National level Seminar on “Manufacturing For Quality and Reliability” at Thejus Engineering College, Thrissur.
09-11 March, 2017: Participated three-day workshop on “Laser Processing of Materials” at NIT Surathkal.
09-10 August, 2017: Attended National workshop on “Advanced Materials Characterisation Techniques” Conducted by IIM Trivendrum.
11-15 December, 2017: Participated in the course (GIAN) of “Welding Metallurgy and Weldability of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals” at IIT Madras.
19-23 October, 2020: Successfully completed the online workshop on Universal Human Value on the theme “Inculcating Universal Human Values in Technical Education” as organized by AICTE.
Jan- Feb, 2021: Completed 4-week NPTEL course on “Manufacturing process- Casting & Joining” conducted by IIT Kanpur.
5-9 July, 2021: Successfully completed the AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Online Elementary FDP on “Green Technology and Sustainability Engineering”.
2-6 August, 2021: Successful participation in the FDP on “The Art Gallery of Engineering Graphics” organized by SCT Trivendrum.
Jul- Oct, 2021: Completed 12-week NPTEL course on “Fundamentals of manufacturing processes” conducted by IIT Roorkee.